[sustran] Coherent transport systems

Gerry Hawkes ghawkes at sover.net
Fri Apr 3 22:09:37 JST 1998

Dear Tore & Sustran Colleagues,

to http://www.biketrack.com/visions.htm for a vision of the
transportation system we are working toward.

We have been testing and refining the travel surface for the past
four years and are now installing it over existing bicycle,
pedestrian and wheelchair surfaces (wood & concrete) nationwide.
By this June we will have a 2' x 4' structural travel surface
panel that can be used for low speed bicycle and pedestrian
paths. Once we have demonstrated the merits of this structural
panel surface we hope to attract the investment to proceed
quickly toward our vision of a light vehicle transportation
system similar to what we describe at
http://www.biketrack.com/visions.htm.

We have not yet prepared information for dissemination other than
what is on the web site.  In May we will be testing the first
structural surfacing panels. In June we should have photographs
and specifications up at www.biketrack.com .

I hope this has been of some help.

Gerry Hawkes
Bike Track, Inc.