[sustran] Impact of trade related transport?

sarah.roberts at IIED.ORG sarah.roberts at IIED.ORG
Tue Sep 30 21:52:05 JST 1997

     I work for the International Institute for Environment and Development
     (IIED) in London. Transport has not been a major focus of our work to
     date although we did look at the impacts of the transport of pulp and
     paper related goods in large study that we did on the sustainability
     of the global paper industry.

     We are thinking of following this up with a more general study on the
     environmental and social impacts of transport of internationally
     traded goods, particularly as countries all over the world are
     increasingly relying on export success to support economic
     development.

     I wonder if anyone on this discussion list knows of other work that
     has been done in this area or people that it would be useful for me to
     contact while we develop this project. I would be grateful for any
     information that you could give me on this.

     Best wishes
     Sarah Roberts

     International Institute for Environment & Development
     3 Endsleigh Street
     London
     WC1H 0DD
     UK