[sustran] More on Walton, Cowherd, Hook, Cervero, Dinesh, Obwon.. becak, bajajs, ojek et al

Wendell Cox wcox at publicpurpose.com
Tue Sep 23 21:35:02 JST 1997

Agree with the underlyiing thrust of the Eric Britton comments.... Let the
debate continue...

>And it is certainly not the usual 'research' or 'studies' route that is
>going to help us put an end to these anomalies, since in nine cases out of
>ten (and here I am probably being generous), the outcome of the research
>and its ultimate recommendations are in the main completely foreordained.
>Thus... tell me who you source of counsel  is, and I can tell you what kind
>of things they are going to recommend.

Sounds like Eric has studied US transport planning rather comprehensively.

Best regards,
Wendell Cox
WENDELL COX CONSULTANCY
International Public Policy, Economics, Labour, Transport & Strategic Planning
The Public Purpose: Internet Public Policy Journal
http://www.publicpurpose.com
Voice +1 618 632 8507; Fax  +1 618 632 8538
P.O. Box 8083;. Belleville, Illinois 62222 USA