[sustran] becaks & bajajs

Obwon ob110ob at IDT.NET
Tue Sep 23 02:43:06 JST 1997

Robert Cervero wrote:

> Messrs. Dinesh and Obwon:
>
> You seem to be somewhat challenged in abilities to pursue this discussion on
> an  intellectual plane.

  Hmmm... What have we here???

    An appeal to allow and aid a shift to a polluting form of transport
that is inherently dangerous besides???  You probably have noticed the
absence of Warning Labels on roadways, either now in use or those
proposed!

***Warning:  Your New Roadway Comes with the following Kill Ratio
X/xxx!***

  How's that for an 'intellectual plane'?  :_D

 There's a lot of other good stuff that we are not told about the
Newer-Bigger-Better products and structures that we are and have been
sold!  For instance they didn't tell us that that new plant providing
jobs was going to be dumping wastes into our Riversk!  Eventually
poisoning it so that the few remaining fish couldn't be eaten or that we
wouldn't be able to swim in the river either.

 The ecosystem in developed nations has undergone some permenant damage,
which by the way, we've no way of repairing.  So, are we to help others
repeat our errors?  My guess is that the car is such a convienient
transport device that we won't abandon it or even dramatically reduce
it's use until we're the only species of higher life form left on the
planet.  Only waking up to the fact that there is a problem when on day
we look around and say "Gee... where did all the animals go, what
happened to the plants and trees and where are all these insects coming
from?"

  I guess Scottie can beam me up too! :_DDDD
  Obwon