[sustran] small car

ob110ob at IDT.NET ob110ob at IDT.NET
Sun Nov 16 04:13:17 JST 1997

Paul Barter wrote:

> Dear sustran-discussers,
> I received the following request for information.   Any ideas?
> Paul

  Sure... I little while ago I sent links to hpv sites, try those sites,
and they have links to others.

  It seems that what you might want is more in the line of hpv's, human
powered vehicles.  There are many different types and many mfg's are
small and willing to design something for specific needs.

  The problem with autos is that they have much in common with guns,
(point and shoot, point and drive) if the driver of an auto is
distracted, inattentive or confused, the same power and force is
available and even inspite of the target!  The auto will treat the body
of a person who blocks it's path with the same force and energy as it
would a brick wall.

  An hpv, just doesn't have that kind of power available to begin with,
and if the drive is distracted, confused or inattentive it's likely that
power and force will suffer/subside.  If it hits a person, because it's
slow and low powered, the likelyhood of serious injury is small.  If it
hits a brick wall the level of damage will be low to nil.  A good
consideration in the area you speak of which I get the impression is
well on it's way to being a historic district, so you'd want to protect
the facades from possible damaging collisions. As well as pollution
related (air borne acids, chemicals etc.) damages as well

  Obwon