Car co-ops: was Re: [sustran] intro

nds at idsonline.com nds at idsonline.com
Wed May 14 21:59:33 JST 1997

hi all,

i, too,  was hoping to be just an observer here, but it i can't help
throwing in my thoughts, which are, admittedly, biased because of my
employer. i'm executive director of the international bridge, tunnel and
turnpike association, the trade association of the worldwide toll industry.

(feel free to e-mail me with your comments/complaints on tolls -- i enjoy
the dialogue!)

we have toll agency members in 24 countries on 5 continents, and naturally,
we support travel by car, though many of our members also operate transit
facilities and encourage carpooling.

i'd love to live within walking distance of work, but unfortunately it isn't
always easy to move residences as often as we tend to change job locations.
i have a short ride to work (20 minutes most mornings), but i'd rather walk
or take a bus. neither, however, are good options for me.

thanks to all on the list -- the recent discussions have been interesting!

neil schuster
ibtta
2120 L street, nw  suite 305
washington, dc 20037