Car co-ops: was Re: [sustran] intro

Dharm Guruswamy dharm at trec.ce.gatech.edu
Wed May 14 08:09:35 JST 1997

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Maya Tatineni wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I have been following this discussion with some interest
> and thought I would put in my two cents worth..
> Personally I don't like driving and would be happy to use alternative
> modes of transportation..but it seems to me that often one has no
> other option. I live in a suburb of Chicago and to think of living
> without a car is quite impossible. I need a car to access the train
> that will take me downtown.

Maya,
    One could ask the question as to why you live in suburban Chicago so
far away from your workplace?  We all make decisions and I suspect yours
was based on considerations other than your (e.g. schools, safety, taxes,
etc.) transportation.

     I too was intending to be a lurker on this list (no effort and all
the rewards of others work), but since this is my first post let me
introduce myself.  My name is Dharm Guruswamy and I am soon to be alumnus
of Georgia Tech.  I have a strong interest in transportation in developing
countries and have some (not nearly as others on the list) experience
in the area.  I look forward to participating in the list, although I will
probably disappear for a while to relocate after graduation in mid June.

---
Dharm Guruswamy - 3rd year grad. student, City Planning & Civil Engineering
snail mail: 960 Atlantic Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
phone/fax: HOME (404) 685-3294  WORK (404) 894-6402
internet:dharm at trec.ce.gatech.edu : www:http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~dg63