[sustran] Parking and transport issues

Moses Burnett ob110ob at IDT.NET
Thu Jun 5 22:04:55 JST 1997

RVerzola wrote:

> I picked up this interesting item from our local news. -- Obet
>
>               Traffic problems? Scrap parking facilities
>               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>[...]

  This is very good news, excepting only that it leaves quite some
distances to be covered after public transport is left.  Often from the
station to the destination can be hundreds of yards.  What does one do
if they have a handicapped travel partner or packages?

  I'd suggest that pedicars and pedicabs be available for use over these
short distances.  You could simply get off the train and select the
vehicle of choice!  Either a pedicar to take your handicapped travel
partner along, or a four seater so the group can stay together.  If the
wheather is hot and you have grooming concerns then hire a pedicab.
Either way you get the benefits of door to door transport and you don't
have to struggle with a load of packages.

  Obwon