[sustran] Non-Motorised Transport and Related Issues

Setty Pendakur pendakur at unixg.ubc.ca
Mon Jun 2 07:47:53 JST 1997

I am quite surprised at Ramon's reply to my info peice on TRB Committee.
So what next?  TRB is a technical organisation of researchers and
professionals.  The conferecnes are attended by those who wish to learn
and those wish to meet other professionals.  This is not limited to
consulatants or professors or advocacy perosns or to any other particular
group of people.

I thought the discussion group would provide ideas and soultions to some
our the serious questions we need to tackle.  Any program ideas, paper or
research constructs, on-going technical work, or referrals to people doing
useful NMT work will be very helpful to us in developing a program of for
the next three years.  Ideas, research findings, research methods and
country and regional studies, contacts with people conducting these
studies will be a very productive beginning.

If this is primarily to vent frustrations, then we are going backwards.

Best wishes.  Setty.

Professor V. Setty Pendakur
School of Community and Regional Planning
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC   V6T 1Z2

voice:   (604) 822-3394
fax:     (604) 822-3787