[sustran] GEF Transport Paper: Update - Hook, Williams, et al

Britton EcoPlan ecoplan_the_commons at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 5 02:49:02 JST 1997

Friends,

Operational Program No. 11: Promoting Sustainable Transport
Infrastructure."  of yesterday.

However long that full position paper together with the ample extracts from
the original might get, I hope very much that the focus will be on  a
strong,tightly argued,  readable, common sense summary page or two that
will present the central core of our argument and recommendation. This
statement should be so readable, so intellectually and professionally
attractive that all by itself it makes the case for what should be, I would
hope,  a basically unchallengeable argument for a truly sustainable
transportation approach.

I am pleased too that all of this is proceeding in a collaborative,
consultative, non-confrontational manner.  Bravo to you all for that.

(I can't help though  but look with wonder at the fact that it is going to
take them a year to draft this statement with their  final recommendations.
 Maybe someone should remind me as to what year this is.  I had the
impression that we were getting on to the year 2000. Obviously I must be
mistaken.)

With all good wishes,

EcoPlan International -- Technology, Economics & Social Systems

E-mail:         postmaster at the-commons.org
World Wide Web: http://www.ecoplan.org
Day Phone:      331.4441.6340  (Also ISDN videoconference/groupwork)
Day Fax :       331.4441.6341
ISDN Data:      331.4441.6342
Mobile Phone:   336.0737.7798
Postal:         EcoPlan International