[sustran] TDM for company car

Taiichi INOUE t4-inoue at nri.co.jp
Thu Aug 21 19:39:54 JST 1997

Hello,

I am looking for a good trial about TDM ( Transportation Demand Management ). Because I have a big project with Tokyo local government about TDM.

>From now we have to analyze the cause of congestion in detail, but some statistics show us one of the causes is related to those who use company-owned cars for their business without carrying any goods. Of course it is easy to understand those who carry some goods with trucks, vans and so on. Is it difficult for those without any goods not to use their cars? Can they use public transportation instead of using cars?

I'm interesting in this matter, so I want to investigate it.

Do you have any comments? Or do you know a good trial?

I've heard CAT system introduced in Australia. Is it a good sample?

  Think global, Act local.

 Consultant

</color>  Transport & Logistics System Strategy.

  Nomura Research Institute,Ltd.

  2-2-1,Ootemachi,Chiyoda-ku,

  Tokyo 100,JAPAN

  tel +81-3-5203-0806 fax +81-3-5203-0810