[asia-apec 1143] 2nd Call for Solidarity msg for KMP Congress

Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas magbubukid at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 00:21:30 JST 1999

________________________

Warm greetings of solidarity from the struggling Filipino peasants!

The Peasant Movement of the Philippines (KMP) will be launching its Fifth
National Congress this coming June 7-9, 1999 to be held at the De Meester
Residence, St. Theresas's College, D. Tuazon St., Quezon City, Philippines.
This congress carries the theme, "From the Triumph and Lessons (of the
Past), Further Strengthen and Broaden the Peasant Struggle for Land! Isolate
and Fight the US-Estrada Regime's Onslaught on the Lives and Rights of the
People!"

KMP is expecting 187 delegates from its 47 provincial chapters and 9
regional and sub-regional chapters nationwide. Representatives from peasant
institutions, agrarian reform advocates from the church sectors, lawyers,
academics and other professions are also expected. Philippine peasant
support groups and supporters abroad is likewise anticipated. KMP's
bilateral partners from the peasant and rural workers' movements from the
Third World are enjoined to attend to grace the occasion and have the
opportunity to exchange lessons and experiences in their common fight
against local elite and globalization .

In line with this, we would like to request you to bring or send solidarity
messages to be read at the Congress, by email now since we are running out
of time, if you have not sent them yet.

We thank you for your favorable response. For details, please contact Ka
Daning or Rhoda at KMP's tel. (632) 435-35-64/ telefax: (632) 920-56-68; or
e-mail us at <kmp@ info.com.ph>.

For the Peasant and the People,

Rafael V. Mariano
National Chairperson, KMP