[asia-apec 668] Re: Workshop on Globalization and Fisheries

Roberto Verzola rverzola at phil.gn.apc.org
Sun Sep 20 04:58:12 JST 1998

>PAMALAKAYA and NACFAR invite you to attend and join other fisherfolk

It would be nice for the organizers of the forum to make available in
this list the materials that will be distributed in the workshop, as
these become available, for the benefit of those who may not be able
to attend the workshop but are interested in the issues.

 >environment as a result of globalization. They will share viable options
 >for the fisherfolk to work and struggle for both at local and

I am particularly interested in these viable options. If papers are
already available which discuss these topics, I for one would
appreciate seeing them.

Fisherfolk are perhaps the largest remaining section of society still
engaged in hunting-gathering. This makes fishing qualitatively
different from agriculture, although they both belong to what we in
the Philippine Greens call the ecology sector (ie, the sector of
living matter, which includes agriculture).

Regards to all,

Obet Verzola