[asia-apec 803] Re: Clarifications about the listserv

Roberto Verzola rverzola at phil.gn.apc.org
Thu Oct 15 08:58:29 JST 1998

 >The listserv is therefore primarily a venue for postings about
 >resistance to globalisation and the violations to human rights that
 >globalisation brings, especially as they concern the Asia-Pacific

With Devlin's post, I bow out of my short role as temporary moderator.

Writing as a list subscriber now, and without referring specifically
to the posting on Malaysian police brutality, it would still be nice
to see more focus on this list, and to avoid making it a dumping
ground for all kinds of messages.

May I also suggest an additional objective for this list: many of us
will be unable to go to Malaysia/APPA meeting for various reasons. We
would still like to participate in the discussions, exchanges, etc.
This list is an ideal mechanism for this kind of thing. I would very
much like to see on this list some of the debates and discussions at
APPA, especially the original documents and background materials.

Regards to all,

Obet Verzola