[asia-apec 432] Issue/Sector Forums at the Asia-Pacific Peoples' Assembly

PAN Asia Pacific panap at panap.po.my
Fri May 15 15:14:14 JST 1998

Dear Roberto Verzola (and the entire list),

This is in response to Roberto's request that a forum on
information/communication technology take place at the Peoples'
Assembly in Kuala Lumpur.

I will bring your request up at the next working committee meeting
of the Peoples' Assembly on May 29th.  Can I assume that you are
willing to host this forum?  Are there other interested
organizations?  I will see if any Malaysian groups are interested in
co-hosting the forum.

Any organizations or individuals interested in organizing issue or
sector forums for this year's People's Assembly can either send
emails to me (you may just want to post them to the list so that
other interested groups can know what's going on) or communicate
directly with the offices of the secretariat.  My email address is
the temporary secretariat address and I'll post the new phone and
fax numbers hopefully by next week if they are available.

The secreatriat will assist issue and sector forums with
registration and logistics and may be able to provide some funding.
 We will supply the venue if the organizers choose to hold the
forum in Kuala Lumpur.  Criteria for the forums has not yet been
established, but all forums will be expected to be a part of the
assembly process (i.e. they must feed into the plenary sessions
between November 13-15 in Kuala Lumpur).  It is up to the
organizers to establish the programme for the forum, seek funding,
and send out invitations.  I will have more details after the next
working committee meeting.

 Sincerely,

 Devlin Kuyek
 Pesticide Action Network- Asia and the Pacific
 and Asia-Pacific Peoples' Assembly Secretariat