[asia-apec 294] Message: Joel Rocamora

ipd ipd at phil.gn.apc.org
Wed Jan 8 10:12:35 JST 1997

January 7,1997

Dear Fiona, Karin, other denizens of Amsterdam Center,

     By now, you should have gotten Hanneke's e-mail message that I
cannot make it to the PB meeting. I wanted to communicate directly
because in Filipino culture its not nice to get a message like this
only indirectly. I asked Hanneke to do it because we have just moved
offices and our computers were connected only today. Our new office
is much bigger, more professional looking, but of course, our address
is not as high class as 20 Paulus Potterstraat. I really wanted to
come, had hoped that Hanneke's and my Christmas holiday would get rid
of my cough. But I still have it and then I heard that Holland has 15
degrees below zero weather, and I talked to my doctor and he said: DO
NOT GO! Sorry. If you send me questions, things to read, work to do, I
promise to do it and immediately get back by e-mail. I know that TNI
is in a crossroads (we seem to be perpetually in one) so apart from
TNI Asia work, I promise to help in whatever way I can.

     IPD's new address is: 45 Matimtiman Street, Teachers Village,
Quezon City; telephones: 926-2893, and tel/fax 921-8049. We will get
more phones in a few weeks, we'll let you know. Our e-mail address is
still the same. We are arranging a more direct internet connection,
but it will take some time.

     Have a productive meeting. Let me know what happens.

                                                     joel r