[asia-apec 152] Re: APEC-DEMOLITIONS IN MANILA UPDATE - 2

Tony Manipon manipon at hknet.com
Fri Oct 11 11:08:47 JST 1996

At 08:16 AM 10/10/96 -0800, you wrote:

>     The list below of demolitions shows that the president's
>instruction was not taken seriously by other government officials.
>
>Communities Demolished
>
>1.  Damayang Lagi, Quezon City
>
>     Date:  July 30 and August 2, 1996
>     Affected Families:  3,300 families
>     Ordered the demolition:  the courts and the owner, Titan Dragon
>                              Group
>     Land:  private land
>     relocation:  none but some, not all, were given financial

Just playing the devil's advocate here, Obet... I noticed that most of the
lands are privately owned. As legal experts would say, all we have are
circumstantial evidence so we can't just go about charging it is related to
APEC, isn't it? It would be better in my view to have a map showing where
these sites are (so we can post them in the web), in relation to where the
APEC delegates are passing by or dropping by. I can visualize the way to
Subic but not most of people from outside Philippines.

(personal to Obet: kung meron mang road map, baka puwedeng maipadala kay Mario.)