[asia-apec 262] who owns mpfa anyway?

RVerzola RVerzola at phil.gn.apc.org
Sun Nov 24 09:26:26 JST 1996

This was posted on our local APEC forum, which I presume is a reply to
gjg's posting.

* Original is in : ASIA.APEC
* Original date  : 22 Nov 96  11:53:47
* Original is by : AIMNL
* Original is to : all
* Full text below:

I am not one who can at this point make an informed decision for or
against APEC.  I think that the issues involved here are just too
complex and the results can really prove either side correct in the
end.  (Certainly though I deplore the "palabas" and the demolitions
done in the name of APEC).

However, I am deeply concerned that, in fact, the MPFA has been
projected as anti-APEC when the forum itself has not taken place yet.
The Philippine position may well be "anti" but that does not mean that
the international forum will necessarily take that position.

Will the Filipinos decide the final result for the rest of the
region?

I truly hope not.  And, I think that the MPFA organizers are simply
safeguarding the process that yet has to unfold by taking a neither
here nor there position.

Peter Perfecto