[asia-apec 260] not against APEC?

Gerard Greenfield gjg at HK.Super.NET
Wed Nov 20 23:03:54 JST 1996

I see that in entertaining the press MPFA organisers have announced that
they are not against APEC and want to make it a better, people &
environmentally friendly APEC. In saying this they have spoken on behalf
of a number of organisations which have clearly rejected APEC. Rather
than allowing for this diversity of opinion, they've given the
impression of consensus. So much for participation! I look forward to
seeing who gets to have access to power in the corridors of APEC
among the so-called NGO community!

Hopefully the Big Brothers will explain how neoliberalism is to be
accepted then modified to include "people's concerns for human rights,
gender, social equity and environmental sustainability"?

Gerard