[asia-apec 239] Re: 1996 KCTU National Workers Rally

Pharis Harvey laborrights at igc.apc.org
Mon Nov 11 00:22:12 JST 1996

Dear Brother Kwon and KCTU Sisters and Brothers,

I regret not being able to be present with you today in your national
rally, but send you strong greetings of solidarity and support.
Korea is at a pivotal point in determining its future, whether it
will move toward democracy in industrial relations, or whether it
will slide back down the slippery path to repression.  Your firm and
unified insistence on a labor reform that moves Korea toward
international standards rather than away from them is very important.

Please let us know what we can do to be supportive of your efforts.

In solidarity,

Pharis Harvey
International Labor Rights Fund